Last updated on July 8th, 2017
Belated is just another word for “late”, and it is better late than never, to bestow good wishes on someone for the day of their birth. It may be a bit awkward to find just the right words, to send someone a belated birthday wish, but with a little creativity, and help from the below list of funny and heartfelt wishes, you can let someone know you are thinking about them, without feeling guilty or ashamed.
In fact, with today’s busy schedules and constant running around, we have all forgotten a birthday or two of a family member or a special friend.
Forgetting someone’s birthday can be a cause of panic and embarrassment for some folks, but with the belated birthday wish suggestions below, you will be forgiven in no time.
Heartfelt and Sincere Belated Birthday Wishes
When spoken sincerely from the heart, even late birthday wishes will be received graciously. Below are a few suggestions; that will surely get you back in good graces with friends and family for missing their birthday.
- ♥ I am so blessed to have a friend such as you – who is loving and forgiving – and not forgetful, like me. Happy Belated Birthday.
- ♥ My birthday wishes may be late, but they are directly from my heart. Wishing you a year filled with lovely and sweet surprises. Happy belated birthday to you.
- ♥ May all good things last a long time, and may bad things, like me forgetting your birthday, never happen again.
- ♥ Sorry I forgot your birthday; please accept these wishes of a happy day, today and for always.
- ♥ I know that I am late wishing you a grand birthday, but the good wishes I am sending you are true, regardless of the date. Please forgive me.
- ♥ It may seem like I forgot your birthday, but I really think that you should have more than one every 365 days.
- ♥ I am sure that your birthday was as wonderful and as special, as you are. Sorry for the delay.
- ♥ Wishing a belated birthday wish to someone who is youthful, smart, gorgeous and overall fabulous. I hope this minor delay was worth the wait.
- ♥ Please, don’t consider this a late birthday wish, but an early one for next year. Hope you had a happy day.
- ♥ To match your great style, this birthday wish is “fashionably” late. Wishing you glitter and glitz today and every day. Hope you had a sparkling birthday.
- ♥ I don’t know how it is possible that I forgot the day my favorite person was born. I hope you can forgive me quickly. Hope your birthday was great.
- ♥ I realize that this birthday wish is a little late, but the wishes it carriers is good on any date. I trust your birthday was great!
- ♥ It may be late, but at least we are young enough to remember that! Happy belated birthday wishes!
- ♥ It is obvious that you are blessed with many wonderful things, but apparently a birthday wish that is on time from me, does not make the list. Sorry. I hope we can get together soon.
Basically, birthdays are a way to celebrate a person’s life, so whether you are late or not, make time to spend with that special person, and celebrate the gift of life together, and let loved ones know that they are appreciated every day of the year.
Belated Birthday Wishes with a Sense of Humor
Laughter is the best medicine, and a cure all for any embarrassing or tense situations. Take a look at some funny belated birthday wishes below; that will tell your loved one that although a bit late, their special day is still remembered and cherished.
- 🙂 Since you have so many birthdays, it should be of no surprise that I lost track of the date. Sorry that I missed your special day.
- 🙂 Belated birthday wishes are necessary, because it allows the celebration to last longer than 24 hours.
- 🙂 The bad news is that, yes, I forgot your birthday. The good news, thankfully, is that I also forgot your age. Have a wonderful year!
- 🙂 I know I’m late wishing you a happy birthday, but mine is coming around soon, and revenge is sweet.
- 🙂 You don’t look any older, so why would you think I would remember your birthday.
- 🙂 I was busy bringing peace to a troubled planet, and yes, I forgot your birthday. Sorry, I hope that you will understand, and I wish you a wonderful year ahead.
- 🙂 I was temporarily stricken with amnesia that is specific to birthdays. Sorry, I was a victim of this rare illness. I hope your birthday was wonderful.
- 🙂 Sorry, I missed your birthday; I was unavoidably detained, due to the fact that I was arrested for being in the express checkout lane, with more than 15 items.
- 🙂 I’m not really late in wishing you a happy birthday; it is just that I didn’t want to be the first one to remind you that you are getting older.
- 🙂 I know I forget your birthday, but at least I finally remembered that I forgot your birthday – that counts right? Happy Belated Birthday, my dear friend.
- 🙂 It is so much easier to remember birthday months, than specific days. Raise a glass and toast to your birthday month!
- 🙂 I don’t have a quick excuse for this belated birthday wish, but give me enough time and I will think of one.
- 🙂 I am sorry about this birthday wish being late, but on the positive side you will not have to wait a full year before your next one.
- 🙂 Based on our history, you should realize I’m consistently late! Happy Belated Birthday and wishing you many more happy and healthy years to follow.
- 🙂 Birthday cards are similar to a group of students in physical education class in high school as you can always count on a few stragglers.
- 🙂 Seriously, I wanted to allow you sufficient time to grieve the loss of your youth which is why this birthday wish is late.
- 🙂 Did you know that a late birthday wish is similar to a doctors’ bill? They both remind you that you are getting older and both are usually a huge surprise.